Saturday, November 29, 2008

Passing of a Noodle

This is a sad post, folks, though many of you will think I'm silly.

The day finally came that my little rat, Noodle, could go no further. She had cancer and we knew that the time to say goodbye would come soon. We had her put down last evening. She died peacefully with me holding her and skritching her little noggin to the end.

It's funny how a creature that is reviled by most folks could be so sweet and loving. Noodle was an exemplary rat who never bit and never knew a stranger. Her fondness for peanut butter (she pronounced it pinda budder) was legendary. She was my first rat, and will always hold a special place in my heart.Give a rat a chance, you won't be sorry. Visit the GARMCA website if you're interested.

7 comments:

AmyDe said...

I'm so sorry. My heart is with you.

anunmaker said...

I am so sorry...I will miss the nood...

Knit Witch said...

Awwwwwwwwww - I'm so sorry!! Yes, rats can definitely make great pets! I don't know what it is about them, but everyone I have ever known with a rat ends up losing them to cancer! Damn cancer...........

Heather said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your loss!

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry, sweetheart!! I want a big hug on Wednesday!

Simply Being Still... said...

You are so wonderful..... sorry for the lose of Noodle.

The Pattern Slave said...

Laurie, I am so sorry about Noodle. Noodle was a very sweet rat.