Saturday, October 13, 2007

Got Fish?

For many years (yes, years, something like maybe 3ish) my fishtank sat neglected. It was the source of much ridicule for me. My poor husband tried when he was home, but finally gave up. And as the years went by, it kinda became something of a science experiment. It didn't stink, it was all natural, and it was obviously low maintenance. What's not to like? See for yourself:
Ok, so it's kindof an eyesore. Well, I finally thought so too. And so came the day that I got a wild hair and decided to clean it up a bit. I took the filter apart (which was surprisingly unclogged), changed the water and scrubbed the sides. Lo! There were 2 fish living. They looked lonely, so I added friends today. See how pretty?

Holy crapmuffins, Batman! If I do say so myself, it looks right pretty. There are now 7 fishies in there, and they seem to be happy and content. We'll see if I can keep this up. But it sure looks better, don't you agree? And I have an angelfish. I love those.

In other news, Zoe wants to say thank you to mommiesfriendamy who made her this sweater. She said to tell mommiesfriendamy that she feels like a pretty, pretty princess and that she likes it especially since it keeps her tummy warm now that it's cold out, yes she does.


'Cause it's important to be warm when you are such a small dog with no hair whatsoever on her tummy. True that.

2 comments:

anunmaker said...

I am very glad that Miss Zoe is warm and toasty. I hate to see good dogs go cold!

Heather said...

That fish tank (the before pic) was quite scary! How long did it take you to get it looking crystal clean? It looks great! Makes me miss my fishies!